A seriously special day crème. Our Illuminating Day Crème with Triple Action Vitamin C, Ceramides and 72 hour moisture replenishing Hyaluronic Acid, is uniquely scientific proven to boost collagen production* and deliver formidable brightening and hydrating properties for skin that is lifted, bouncy and brilliantly bright and dewy.
Our scientific proven, green-tech formula harnesses the brightening power duo of Vitamin C from highly concentrated Organic Acerola extract and regenerating AHA and BHA extracts, for a bright, radiant complexion. Ethically sourced Mica gives the skin a subtle, luminous shimmer.
Its hydrating and plumping effect is supercharged with Ceramides, and the next generation of Hyaluronic Acid, Saccharide Isomerate, which deeply quenches the complexion while plumping and padding fine lines and wrinkles.
Enriched with highly concentrated Vitamin C, nourishing Vitamin E, 12 different antioxidant extracts, and plumping Hyaluronic Acid that hydrates both the skin surface and the deeper layers, this potent cream restores the complexion while shielding from free radical damage and pollution.
In a six week Emma Lewisham study, 90% of participants said the Day Crème enhanced their skin’s glow, and 86% of participants said the Day Crème improved their skin’s hydration.
This product contains a detachable refill pod, which is part of the Emma Lewisham Beauty Circle.
*Independent scientific in-vitro testing 2020 into the production of Type I collagen production
This Brighten Your Day Crème is a daily dose of glow for your skin’s complexion. Expect brighter, smoother, and plumper skin after application.
It contains a next generation AHA complex full of citrus acids, including Caviar Lime, which sloughs off dead skin cells, uncovering an even radiance beneath. Super-hero ingredient Acerola is one of the richest natural sources of ascorbic acid in the world, and helps to brighten skin and help prevent collagen degradation.
This crème also incorporates the hydration molecule Saccharide Isomerate, which has unparalleled benefits in rehydrating and plumping the skin throughout the day. It triggers the skin’s own rehydration system, imparting our skin with a plump, dewy radiance, and that covetable "sculpted" texture.
True to Emma Lewisham’s innovative green-tech ethos, the Day Crème is scientifically shown, through in vitro testing by an independent biomedical laboratory, to rebuild the skin’s natural collagen production synthesis at a cellular level. Collagen gives our skin its bounce, strength and elasticity – as we age, our bodies naturally produce less collagen, which results in increased fine lines and wrinkles.
The Day Crème also underwent an Emma Lewisham consumer study comprised of 50 participants of all ages, ethnicities and skin types. Over the six week study period, 90% of participants said the Day Crème enhanced their skin’s glow, and 86% of participants said the Day Crème improved their skin’s hydration.
32 active natural ingredients
The 32 powerful botanicals in our Illuminating Brighten Your Day Crème were specifically selected to work in synergy with each other for powerful hydration results.
We believe in innovative, natural, complex formulas that have more ingredients and less fillers. The independent testing we’ve done confirms we’re scientifically accurate. We don’t focus on one hero ingredient per product, instead, we fill our products with the highest number of effective, synergistic and innovative ingredients to produce high-performing products. Our mission is to prove that luxurious, high-performing skincare doesn’t have to come at a trade-off to women’s health or the environment’s.
Every ingredient works cohesively in our formulation, but below are our noteworthy ‘skin heroes’:
- Saccharide Isomerate: Has a smaller molecular size than hyaluronic acid, meaning it can penetrate the skin’s epidermis deeper, for prolonged hydration results. Sacchardide Isomerate works to help the skin create its own internal water source to continually rehydrate itself, it locks in moisture by strengthening the skin’s barrier function. It works in as little as three hours and testing proves it works non-stop for 72-hours, delivering more hydration than any other ingredient on the market before.
- Ceramides: are one of the anti-aging “powerhouses” responsible for supporting skin's dynamic nature. Two particular ceramide precursors—phytosphingosine and sphingolipids—actually help skin make more ceramides. A healthy skin barrier prevents external aggressors like microbes, UV rays, and pollution from entering the skin. Our skin barrier is also important for maintaining skin hydration. Being the visible layer of the skin, maintaining a healthy barrier directly translates to radiance.
- Edelweiss Stem CellsSourced from Switzerland, this ingredient promotes skin tension to lift the look of sagging skin and restore the appearance of a youthfully firm and plump complexion
- Caviar Lime extract: Is rich in alpha hydroxy acids (AHAs) that gentle exfoliate the skin’s surface to remove dead skin cells, resulting in brighter, clearer skin. It improves the appearance of pores and evens skin tone.
- Acerola extract: A powerful source of antioxidants and hydrating polysaccharides, which help to protect fibroblasts from oxidative damage.
This product also contains Mica, which gives the skin a subtle, natural shimmer. This ingredient does have a reputation in the market for the child labour used to mine it. We have ensured we have a reputable supplier for this ingredient and have sought reassurances that there is no forced or child labour involved in its production. Please read here.
Full list of ingredients
Emma Lewisham aligns with the definition of natural by NATRUE who are an International Natural and Organic Cosmetics Association who certify natural and organic cosmetics worldwide is classified in 3 ways:
- Natural ingredients are those to which only physical processes or fermentation have been applied.
- Derived natural ingredients are the result of chemical processes of natural ingredients.
- Nature-identical ingredients can be either pigments, minerals or preservatives. They are reproduced in the laboratory but exist in nature. These ingredients are allowed when strictly necessary in order to ensure consumer safety (preservatives) or because the extraction methods result in an ingredient becoming too chemical. All of them have one essential characteristic: they can be found in nature.
Below is our full list of ingredients with their EWG ratings in brackets (1 = low, 10 = high). You can also learn more about each ingredient and our sustainability goals in our Emma Lewisham Sustainability Framework.
Organic Aloe barbadensis (Aloe Vera) leaf extract (1) • Water (1) • Coco-caprylate (1) • Organic Helianthus annuus (Sunflower) seed oil (1) • Organic Simmondsia chinensis (Jojoba) seed oil (1) • Glycerin (1) • Cetearyl olivate (1) • Cetearyl alcohol (1) • Brassica alcohol (1) • Glyceryl stearate citrate (1) • Carthamus tinctorius (Safflower) oleosomes (1) • Sorbitan olivate (1) • Pentylene glycol (1) • Organic Malpighia glabra (Acerola) fruit extract (1) • Microcitrus australasica (Caviar Lime) fruit extract (1) • Alaria esculenta (Seaweed) extract (1) • Organic Astrocaryum murumuru (Murumuru) seed butter (1) • Organic Veronica officinalis (Speedwell) extract (1) • Sodium hyaluronate (1) • Citrus glauca (Desert Lime) fruit extract (1) • Tocopherol (1) • Phytosterols (1) • Acer rubrum (Red Maple) bark extract (1) • Organic Primula veris (Cowslip) extract (1) • Centella asiatica (Gotu Kola) extract (1) • Organic Leontopodium alpinum (Edelweiss) flower/leaf extract (1) • Organic Melissa officinalis (Lemon Balm) leaf extract (1) • Rosa damascena (Rose) flower oil (1) • Terminalia ferdinandiana (Kakadu Plum) seed oil (1) • Plukenetia volubilis (Sacha Inchi) seed oil (1) • Rosa damascena (Rose) flower water (1) • Organic Opuntia ficus-indica (Prickly Pear) seed oil (1) • Salix alba (Willow) bark extract (1) • Organic Mentha piperita (Peppermint) leaf extract (1) • Sclerotium gum (1) • Organic Alchemilla vulgaris (Lady’s Mantle) extract (1) • Saccharide isomerate (1) • Simmondsia chinensis (Jojoba) oil esters (1) • Macadamia ternifolia (Macadamia) seed oil esters (1) • Organic Malva sylvestris (Mallow) extract (1) • Organic Achillea millefolium (Yarrow) extract (1) • Silica (1) • Microcitrus australis (Dooja) fruit extract (1) • Inula helenium (Elecampane) extract (6) • Caprylic/capric triglyceride (1) • Iron oxides (2) • Lecithin (1) • Pullulan (1) • Mica (1) • Phytosteryl macadamiate (1) • Squalene (1) • Xanthan gum (1) • Xylitol (1) • Glyceryl caprylate (1) • Sodium stearoyl glutamate (1) • Xylitylglucoside (1) • Anhydroxylitol (1) • Titanium dioxide (2) • Dehydroacetic acid (1) • Benzyl alcohol (4) • Parfum (natural fragrance, derived from botanicals) • Citral (5) • Limonene (5) • Linalool (3)
• 100% of total ingredients are natural
• 74% of ingredients are organic
• In addition, our formulations contain citral, limonene, linalool in very low concentrations as constituents of our essential oils. It’s worth noting that the EWG rating for these, refer only to the individual constituents extracted in a lab from the essential oil, or synthetic replications. The ratings are not applicable to our formulas, as we never use extracted or synthetic constituents, only the pure naturally occurring essential oil
Every Emma Lewisham product is circular designed, with the intention of being refillable, recyclable or compostable. We believe the future of beauty is where brands take ownership for what happens to their packaging at the end of its life.
Our Illuminating Brighten Your Day Crème is included in our Emma Lewisham Beauty Circle Free Recycling Programme.
It is also included in our Emma Lewisham Beauty Circle Refill Programme. This product comes with a detachable refill pod. When the pod is empty you can purchase a replacement refill pod to put into your crème jar, and return the empty pod to us to ensure it’s kept in circulation.
Our Illuminating Brighten Your Day Crème box is printed on an environmentally responsible paper which has been produced using PEFC certified pulp from responsible sources. We print on it using mineral, oil free, vegetable-based inks and water based coatings. Oil based glue is required to assemble these boxes. Stamping foil used on the box does not affect recyclability. It is 100% recyclable in New Zealand with no chemical coatings, which means our boxes will degrade naturally.
Our Illuminating Brighten Your Day Crème jar is a frosted plastic jar made from imported virgin materials.
We've worked hard to provide you with clean skincare via a supply chain that is efficient, transparent, and accountable. To this end, we have developed a Sustainability Framework which provides transparency on what Emma Lewisham is doing to address the six drivers of our supply chain: raw materials, supplier, manufacturing, distribution, retail outlets and customers. These are aligned with the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals. Read the Emma Lewisham Sustainability Framework.
Peel the foil off the refill pod, and lock this into the Brighten Your Day Crème jar. Massage 1 pump onto your face and neck in the morning, followed by sunscreen.
If you have sensitive skin or allergies: While our formulation is 100% clean and naturally derived, we recommend if you have sensitive skin or allergies that you do a patch test first or consult your medical practitioner before using any new skincare product. If your skin is not responding well to one of our products, including irritation, please discontinue use and contact a medical practitioner.
If you are pregnant or breastfeeding: This crème is safe to use while pregnant and breastfeeding, however, we recommend if concerned you check with your doctor before using
Using Illuminating Brighten Your Day Crème with our other products
All of our products were developed to be used together. Please take at look at Emma Lewisham Routines for our recommendations.
The Emma Lewisham StandardTM
100% natural & traceable
Part of the Emma Lewisham Beauty Circle – Recycle
Vegan. Cruelty Free. PETA certified animal testing free
Safe to use while pregnant & breastfeeding